Hancher strives to enrich the life of every Iowan through transformative artistic experiences.
Hancher supports The University of Iowa's mission of teaching, research, and service by presenting the world's finest performing artists; developing, engaging, and enlightening audiences; initiating and supporting the creation of new works; and providing artistic, educational, technical, human, and physical resources to the University and the people of Iowa.
- Maintain Hancher as a vital component of University and community life.
- Engage in activities to enhance the stature of the University of Iowa.
- Foster artistic freedom and a creative campus.
- Present diverse artists and serve diverse audiences.
- Encourage enjoyment of and participation in the arts through volunteer, educational, and developmental opportunities.
- Fulfill the auditorium's mission with professionalism, creativity, and a sustained commitment to quality.
- Exercise prudent stewardship of resources.
- Contribute to the cultural and artistic ecology of the region and nation.